Polpharma API characteristics:
- Pure, stable crystalline form B
- Good control of impurity profile by handling 4 chemical steps
- API from an experienced Baclofen producer
- Technical support available on request
- No compound patent protection
Baclofen is a muscle relaxer and an antispastic agent.
Baclofen is indicated for the relief of spasticity of voluntary muscle resulting from disorders such as multiple sclerosis and other spinal lesions, including tumours of the spinal cord, motor neurone disease, syringomyelia, transverse myelitis and traumatic partial section of the spinal cord. Baclofen is indicated for adults and children in the relief of spasticity of voluntary muscle arising from conditions such as cerebral palsy, cerebrovascular accidents, traumatic head injury and meningitis.
Mechanism of action:
Arbaclofen acts as selective GABAB receptors agonist. GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. Its production, release, re-uptake and metabolism occur in the nervous system.